Get to know Old San Juan’s history and sights on this walking tour with an expert local guide. Join us as we stroll down the Paseo de la Princesa, stopping to point out exciting destinations.
Pick-Up Time: 8:30 – 9 a.m.
Duration: 5.5 hours
Capacity: 14 people
Visit Old San Juan and the Bacardi Distillery
Departing from the Cathedral of San Juan Bautista in Old San Juan, this tour takes you on a two-hour stroll along the Paseo de la Princesa (Princess Promenade) to La Fortaleza, which is currently the official residence of the Governor of Puerto Rico.
The visit to the Bacardi Distillery Factory (known as the Rum Cathedral) defines why Puerto Rico is known as the Rum Capital of the World. First, enjoy a guided tour of the grounds and the Bacardi plant, which is considered the world’s largest rum distillery, processing over 10,000 gallons daily. Learn all about the interesting rum-making process and sample the different rums’ flavors while relaxing in the distillery’s open-air pavilion.
Our walking tour ends at Hotel El Convento, adjacent to all the shops and restaurants. Your guide is happy to answer any questions you have about additional sightseeing, dining or shopping plans, and other Puerto Rico tours with Pandora Tour Puerto Rico.
- San Juan Gate (built in 1634 to guard the city from the harbor)
- Castillo San Felipe del Morro (fort built in 1540)
- Ballaja Barracks (built by the Spanish militia for housing in 1864)
- San Jose Church and Plaza (built in 1523)
- Casa Blanca (built in 1521)
- El Convento Hotel (1651)
- Cathedral of San Juan Bautista (1540)
- Plaza del Quinto Centenario
- Felisa Rincón de Gautier Museum
- Comfortable walking shoes