Discover Old San Juan’s unique, rich history, and then tour the local rum distillery, famous for being the largest in the world. Visit well-known San Juan sites and learn the rum-making process!
Pick-Up Time: 8:30 – 9 a.m.
Duration: 3.5 hours
Capacity: 14 people
Step into San Juan’s Past with a Walking Tour
Become familiar with Old San Juan’s history and sights on this walking tour of the city! With an expert local guide, discover the neighborhood and learn about the powerful colonial influence that can be felt in Puerto Rico.
Departing from the Cathedral of San Juan Bautista in Old San Juan, your local guide takes you on a two-hour walking tour along the Paseo de la Princesa (Princess Promenade) to La Fortaleza, where the Governor of Puerto Rico currently resides.
After visiting other well-known San Juan sights and destinations, our walking tour ends at Hotel El Convento, adjacent to all the popular shops and restaurants. Your guide can answer any questions you have about additional sightseeing, dining or shopping plans.
- San Juan Gate (built in 1634 to guard the city from the harbor)
- Castillo San Felipe del Morro (fort built in 1540)
- Ballaja Barracks (built by the Spanish militia for housing in 1864)
- San Jose Church and Plaza (built in 1523)
- Casa Blanca (built in 1521)
- El Convento Hotel (1651)
- Cathedral of San Juan Bautista (1540)
- Plaza del Quinto Centenario
- Comfortable walking shoes